The Zone: Marketing and Communications Assistant
30th October 2017
The Zone is looking for a driven graduate with experience in marketing, communications and photographic skills to join a diverse, flexible, global team working across Europe, the United States, Australia and New Zealand to unlock people’s potential and make workplaces more human.
If you are:
- Passionate about changing the world of work now and for the next generations;
- Keen to help people and organisations to learn how to be happy, yet high productive;
- Passionate about storytelling and content creation;
- A quick learner, not afraid of taking the initiative and interested in helping to shape our marketing strategy and offline/online content creation;
- Interested in exploring how new communication channels and tech can help us connect and better engage with customers, delivering lasting value and enriching people’s lives;
- Interested in learning everything about online/remote collaboration;
- Eager to develop your skills and boost your career;
Then we would like to say hello.
We are The Zone – thezone.co
A global team of passionate people with 20 years of experience in 30 countries leveraging culture to help people and organizations fulfil their greatest potential and live in the zone, the space where happiness and high performance co-exist.
Our client list varies from startups and schools to Fortune 500 companies, all leading a positive change in the world in their own unique way.
We are looking for a Marketing and Communications Assistant to help us enhance our global presence and support our marketing activities. We need a team player with a positive attitude, self motivated to work remotely collaborating online with our global team. Someone who is passionate about our cause, wants to make a difference and contribute for a better world of work.
As part of your role you will be asked to:
- Work with the marketing team to strengthen our online presence and increase online engagement by creating content for our websites and social channels, and support the wider team of Associates with content creation.
- Monitor and manage day to day social media operations.
- Support websites updates and analytics.
- Conduct market and insights research.
- Create marketing reports.
- Document our workshops, talks and public engagements by photographing / editing images to build a comprehensive photos database to be used across our online / offline channels;
- Support the team’s speaking engagements and client workshops building presentations and preparing marketing collaterals.
- Support new business development, helping with research, proposal development and layout design.
- Ensure brand consistency across all customer facing assets.
- Support the development and execution of marketing plans.
- Support marketing campaigns and day to day communication activities.
You should have experience in:
- 1 – 3 years of work experience in Marketing, Social Media and / or Brand Management.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English language.
- Passionate about writing, storytelling and content creation. Has examples of published work.
- Excellent Google Drive and Google Slides skills -don’t worry, this is easy and fun to learn
- Strong analytical and insights generation skills.
- Ability to manage multiple, parallel projects and deliver great quality results on time, scope and budget.
- Have a thirst for exploring new technologies, and industry trends.
- Loves our work and wants to make a career in “culture” and changing the world of work.
- Ability to collaboratively work remotely with a global team.
- Filming / video editing skills.
- Working knowledge of WordPress / basic knowledge of CSS / Html.
- Ability to use Adobe CS6 / CC applications.
NB: This is a virtual role with potential of some traveling. You need to be based in Europe, have a valid passport and ability to travel. You also need to have your own laptop, mobile, internet connection and place to work. This is a self employed role on an initial six month contract.
If this has engaged your heart and mind then we would love to hear from you. Please send your resume, portfolio and cover letter to email@example.com .
Looking forward to hearing from you,
The Zone Team